The Campaign for Lower Mills was a campaign to raise funds to renovate the Lower Mills campus of Saint John Pail II Catholic Academy. Thanks to 143 generous donors, $10 million was raised to transform the 1915 Lower Mills school building into a 21st century learning environment. On December 2nd, Cardinal Seán O'Malley rededicated the school in a ceremony at the new building. With Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, CCS chair Jack Connors, and campaign co-chairs Bob Atchinson and Jack Sebastian, business leaders and donors from all over the state came to celebrate the beautiful new school.
With enhanced educational standards in place, this school building reflects the outstanding education being offered within its walls. Renovations included:
• Remodeled classrooms, cafeteria, teachers room, counseling offices, and nurses clinic
• New roof and windows
• Expanded early childhood classrooms
• Improvements to plumbing, heating, electrical wiring, and air handling systems
• Greater handicapped accessibility, including a new elevator
• New specialty rooms for art, music, and a new multimedia center
This is the sixth building renovated by the Campaign for Catholic Schools since 2007.
We offer a special thank you to campaign chairs, Bob Atchinson, Managing Director of Adage Capital Management, LP, and Jack Sebastian, Managing Director at Goldman Sachs; the hardworking volunteer committee; and all of our friends who will help hundreds of deserving kids receive a better education.
For more information, please contact Mary Myers at email@example.com or 617-779-3748.
Bob and Mickey Atchinson visiting with students.