We help families support their child’s academic journey.
Knowing each family, and the challenges they may be facing, helps us develop programs that work for everyone.
Families are a welcome and integral part of our school communities. Our commitment to families provides a pathway to a bright future for their children and helps to strengthen their urban communities. We’re proud of the fact that 100% of our students pay discounted tuition rates – so no family bears the full cost of our academies’ education – and 56% receive additional financial aid beyond that.
Our academies offer health and wellness programs for students and families so everyone can thrive. Our before- and after-school programs run from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm to meet the scheduling needs of our working families. Our vacation and summer programs offer a safe and engaging learning environment to support working families all year long.
During COVID-19, our academies provided increased support to families, including:
- 400+ Chromebooks to students
- 1,000+ individual family check-ins by leadership, nursing, and guidance
- Ongoing parent dialogue with professional referral services
- Meal services for students until neighborhood resources could take over
- Emergency Response Funds to assist families experiencing dire financial situations
This support enabled all our families to remain enrolled in our academies for the entire 2019/20 school year.